Marriage Counseling . . . Healing the Hurt
What's standing between you and happiness?
Individual counseling using cognitive therapy is a proven, effective way to help people move beyond personal problems to a more rewarding, satisfying life.
Marriage counseling and family therapy help people break out of old patterns to communicate and work together more effectively.
Individual Counseling . . . Taking Back Control
I am located near Stillwater, Minnesota. Whether you are here just to browse or to find a therapist, I’m glad you’re here.
I offer a wide range of services - everything from individual and couple counseling to pre-marriage “coaching”, from business coaching and life coaching to helping people overcome self-defeating habits or better performance through hypnosis.
I also provide consultation to small family businesses and leadership teams to help them work together and communicate more effectively.
Welcome to John A. Bragstad Counseling
Advantages to Consider:
- I am one of 12% of counselors trained specifically in Marriage and Family therapy.
- Over 65% of my clients are couples or marriages seeking relationship help.
- I offer flexible hours to accommodate busy schedules.
- You can see me in days or weeks instead of months.
- I offer 80 minute appointments at competitive rates.
- I provide common-sense principles you can put to use right away.
- I am not neutral when it comes to couples staying together.
- I am proud to be listed in the Directory of Marriage-Friendly Therapists.
- Many also consult with me to avoid replicating patterns in future relationships.
- Reimbursement from insurance (or HSA’s) is generally available.
- I can weave the spiritual into conversation upon request.
- My office is conveniently located 10-20 minutes from Stillwater, Oakdale, Woodbury, White Bear Lake, North St. Paul, Oak Park Heights, Lakeland and Hudson, WI. I am about 30 minutes from North Oaks, Roseville, Forest Lake and River Falls, WI
- The setting is peaceful and personal—no large waiting rooms here!
Whether it is for individual counseling using cognitive therapy or couple counseling or family therapy, you will receive highly personalized care, insight into your problems and the tools to move beyond discouragement and frustration toward real happiness in life and in your relationships.